We help you navigate the complex world of taxation, estate planning, commercial and superannuation law.
Our estate planning lawyers will work with you and your advisers to develop a personalised estate plan to ensure your assets pass to your intended beneficiaries in the most tax effective and asset-protective manner.
When we say we’re experts in the area, we mean it. Our managing director co-authored three of the only textbooks on testamentary trusts and advanced estate planning strategies in Australia with Testamentary Trusts: The Australian Master Guide (2021, 2016 and 2013).
Commercial & Tax
Whether you are looking at starting a business, investing for your future or engaging in philanthropy, we can assist you with choosing an appropriate and effective structure for your personal circumstances and commercial objectives.
Our team can also assist you with commercial transactions such as share sale agreements, business sales and purchases, business succession plans and commercial restructures using tax rollovers.
The administration of an estate can be complex and daunting. We can assist you with all aspects of estate administration including:
- providing guidance when taking on the role of executor;
- obtaining a grant of probate or letters of administration from the Court;
- assisting with the sale of assets; and
- transferring assets to beneficiaries.
We can look after the full administration of an estate and the carrying out of the Will or guide you through the process with our executor assist service.
As legal advisers to accountants, financial planners and one of the largest self-managed superannuation administrators in Australia, our team of superannuation lawyers can assist you with all legal matters related to your SMSF, including:
- establishing an SMSF;
- implementing the appropriate trustee structure;
- SMSF deed updates to ensure your SMSF is compliant;
- SMSF succession planning advice; and
- compliance advice on SMSF transactions and proposed investments.
If you are a business owner, director or in a high risk occupation, we can develop tailored asset protection strategies to ensure the protection and preservation of assets.
We can assist you with:
- establishment of family trusts and other wealth protection structures;
- strategies to protect personally held assets;
- implementation of corporate asset protection strategies;
- business risk assessments and implementation of strategies to ring fence assets and quarantine risk; and
- development of strategies to protect your estate from contestation.